easter

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday Update

Well, not too much more to report this week. We still await results from the chromosomal analysis. That should be any time now. On Monday night, Brian's neurosurgeon, as well as both oncologists met at "Tumor Board." This is a weekly meeting of the great minds to discuss individual cases and treatment plans. Even though we don't follow up with the surgeon until March 13th, we do meet with the medical oncologist next week and I am encouraged that he will have familiarized himself with Brian before we even get there. I am anxious for more information and a treatment plan.

One small relief is that Brian's staples are out! We went to the clinic yesterday in the morning for the removal. We were both nervous that it would hurt. I gave him two pain pills without him asking for them even, just incase. But, the nurse assured us that it wouldn't hurt. Besides the few staples down by his ear, it was relatively painless! I was so grateful since there were so many.

In non-cancer news, I am trying to keep up with school. Luckily, I am only taking two classes this semester. One online and one on campus. My online class is psychology which has always come pretty easy to me. It's Adulthood and Aging specifically and it is very interesting. My other class is Anatomy and Physiology, and I have learned that you can't go a full two weeks without opening the book in there! We have our unit 2 test today and I really should be studying for that this morning.




I took the test. It was a disaster I am sure, but I plan on getting back on track for unit 3. 

Its hard for me to keep my fears at bay during this time. There are some big scary thoughts running through my mind, but my goal is to live each day to the fullest and take advantage of the time I have with Brian when he is feeling good. On that note, a couple small things to be grateful for.

1. My sis got me some chewy spree. My favorite candy. I found the HUGE bag this morning. I had almost forgotten about it so I brought it to work with me today.

2. I noticed this morning that it is starting to get light earlier little by little. I am really thankful for longer days on their way.

That is all for now, but there is a huge present for Brian coming today that I will fill everyone in on with pictures soon!

One last look with 41 staples...

...and after staples!!!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the OBB link up on facebook. Prayers for you and your husband through this trial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! I spent some time on your blog today too! I love it!

      Love, Lindsey

      Delete