easter

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One week later...

It's hard to believe an entire week has passed since our ordeal began. Today I am grateful for the absolute outpouring of love and support from our friends and family. Last night my sweet friend Sandra made a delicious lasagna and nice fresh salad which was really good since I haven't been getting too many vegetables in.  Tonight our friends the Derais' brought over some shrimp alfredo that was TO DIE FOR. Scott is a chef so I was really looking forward to that all day ;) Brian and I love food. Sandra and Emilyn both brought chocolate because my sweetest friends know that during times of stress, or sadness, or joy, or days that end in -y, I am always craving chocolate.

Brian has been in a lot of pain today. He says its a new kind of pain and I think its just because he is feeling more alert and maybe starting to heal. The swelling doesn't look as bad today either. I might still just call the doctor tomorrow to make sure its normal. He is having lots of shooting pain and I hate to watch him hurt like that. A part of me feels so relieved that the surgery is over, but I have this sense of dread looming over me as we await these pathology results.

Brian is cleaning up now and then we are going to settle in for the night I think.  I am going to read a UFO magazine that my sister got for me. That will help us to decompress and laugh a little. Brian's sense of humor has been kind of funny lately. He is just being a total goofball. I think it must be the heavy pain meds, but he is cracking me up.

Pray for positive test results soon. My patience is wearing thin.

Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo my daughter...chocolate fixes anything! Sorry to hear that Brian is in pain today....make that boy take his pain meds every 4 hours...even if he doesn't want to. Have to stay ahead of that pain. Praying you have a restful evening sweet girl. Love you! Mama

    ReplyDelete