easter

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Brian Speaks



And now the LORD shew kindness and truth unto you: and I also will requite you this kindness, because ye have done this thing.”

2 Samuel 2:6



I regret that in the 36 days that have passed since I had the initial seizure I haven’t been able to personally thank everyone who has given such tremendous support - material or otherwise - during this difficult time. While in the hospital I was often sedated and thus was unaware of many who were present throughout the whole ordeal. And since returning home many more have sent cards, letters, and other items that have lifted mine and Lindsey’s spirits greatly. I lack the literary ability to express in words how much it has all meant to me. Merely being remembered by so many in their thoughts and prayers has been overwhelming.

I always supposed that I would confront a serious illness such as this at some point, but had hoped it would be later in life. However disappointed though, I do not believe my relatively young age to exempt me from any of the travails that so often characterize this mortal life. I pray to live long enough to return a portion of the love and kindness I have received in such abundance.

So in short, I just want to sincerely thank everyone who has helped us in any way. Every day I’m learning of new things – large and small – as my memory of those fateful days comes back to me. I hope that everyone is doing well, and to be able to visit with all of you soon.

 Love Brian

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you Brian!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, you are such an eloquent writer! I've been praying for you both these last weeks and am sending continued love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you too , Brian . You and Lindsey are such an inspiration to all of us . I draw strength from yours and Lindsey's faith . Please remember you both are in my daily prayers . Love , Grandma .

    ReplyDelete
  4. you dont know me Brian but I think of you & Lindsey everyday & pray for you to have a full recovery and a very full life !!! Yes you both are an inspiration in my life as well stay strong and just love each other as I know you are . Thank you for your wonderful words & bravery , Kris D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brian, so many people care about you and are praying for you. I know there are lots of people who have never even met you and who are praying for you daily. You are loved. Tammi

    ReplyDelete