easter

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Smashing Anniversary: Part I

Today is our actual anniversary! Two years ago we got married at noon on a hot July Saturday. I have so many great memories from that day. On Friday, we are taking off to Chicago for a day of   museum-ing and MEAT at Fogo de Chao! Ooooohhhh, I can't wait.

I love this one of Brian.

Here we are with our lovely bishop who performed the ceremony. We were laughing and so happy.

Well, we have a pizza from Gino's East baking! Another Brian surprise. We have gone there on many romantic symphony dates ;) and I want to quickly get back to my husband, but here were the little ways we surprised each other today.

I came home to this wonderful flower arrangement!




For Brian, I made a SMASH Book! They are really unique and fun, themed journals. I picked the wedding theme and filled it with a bunch of things I have collected over the years of my relationship with Brian. I hung on to everything, letters, ticket stubs, fortunes out of cookies. Lots of things. During our time apart, I actually threw everything away one night about two years after our break up. Later that same night, I dug my box out of the garbage because I couldn't bear to lose that part of my life. I am so glad I kept it all! Its fun to look at now and I thought the Smash Book was a great way to showcase some of my favorite pieces.
Here are some of my pages!











I will try to post more pictures later. I think this project turned out really well.
That is it for now! I am really excited for our weekend so I will try to remember to get some good pictures!








5 comments:

  1. Yay! Love all this and your idea was grand! I need to check it out. I loved your pages and also your lovely flowers. Great job Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what impressive, thoughtful gifts you gave to each other. High five to both of you! Love that Brian had such a good idea for dinner. Love your Smash book! It made me smile as I looked at those pages. I loved, loved, loved this happy anniversary post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom! You finally got an account!! Now follow me!

      Delete
  3. Thanks girl!! The smash books are so easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete