easter

Friday, June 29, 2012

Love

Today, I am very excited because I had the wonderful opportunity to write a post for my dear friend Jacy's AMAZING blog: My Name is Jacy!! 

Since I started blogging, I have this delicious new habit of blog-hopping. I actually found Jacy through a really insightful blog comment I think I read on A BLOG ABOUT LOVE...I think, but it doesn't matter because Jacy's blog has become my very favorite one on the planet! It makes me laugh and cry and feel so empowered! Mostly, reading Jacy's blog will make you feel beautiful. She has had more than her fair share of trials and has come out SHINING. Going through some things that would leave most people bitter and distrustful, Jacy is a beacon of hope to anyone regardless of what tragedy has befallen, and she is just such an inspiration! I reached out to her after spending a lot of time on her blog and she reached right back. Its hard to believe I can feel like I have such a dear friend in someone I have never even met in real life! I really hope to meet someday.

After working on a post for her new series..."My Name is..." I am just flooded with love for Brian. I just love him so much. It's easy to get in a rut and get frustrated with our life right now. And when we are frustrated with life, it inevitably spills into our marriage. We have both been down, and probably a little short with each other lately, which is just not like us. We always treat each other very kindly and are always mindful to speak kind words, so these blue moods are really upsetting. But I am once again reminded that our attitudes are completely under our control, and writing this post and working on Brian's still secret anniversary gift have been beautiful reminders of how blessed we are to have the kind of marriage that we do.

I love Brian for so many reasons. Its so beautiful to be married to someone and to learn about the "real" them! So here are just a few of the reasons why I love him!



1. He seems serious, but really he is a goofball. This picture was taken before he got so good at hiding it. There is other, more recent evidence, however, I would get in BIG trouble if I posted it!




***UPDATE*** I just got PERMISSION to post the following picture!



2.  Brian really loves music. I know he gets this from his grandparents. Mostly Grandpa Johnson. Here he is practicing piano. He still does for a few hours every week. I love listening to him and I am proud of his progress. He hasn't ever taken lessons, but he is learning and he sounds so great!




3.  Brian is really romantic. I will say that in the hustle and bustle, as well as the comfort of married life, we have to make concious efforts to keep the "flame" in our marriage, but we both try a lot. The small and simple gestures mean the most.





4. Then there is the one thing that simultaneously inspires and infuriates me. He is THE most selfless person I have ever known. He would do anything for you regardless of whether he has known you for a moment or a lifetime. I really sincerely love that quality in my husband. He shows me a Christ like example of charity each and every day. The infuriating part is that people find it very easy to take advantage of this...and they do, but it is such an integral part of his character that I don't think people even notice they are doing it. At least I sure hope they don't.



Sometimes it is really nice to take a moment and be grateful for life and all of the craziness it entails. I am so thankful to be with Brian. I am so happy that we chose to be together. I love being his wife and taking care of him.

Love, Lindsey

8 comments:

  1. Lindsey, you are such a great, loving person. I am so grateful that we have really gotten to know Brian. He IS a very generous person with a very big heart and I can understand why you love him so much. You are such a strong couple and we love you both. Mama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! I love you and am so grateful for you every day!

      Delete
  2. Lindsey, I found you through Jacy!

    Your story.
    Your story.
    Your story.

    Thank you for sharing. And I left a comment for you over at Jacy's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you so much for coming over! I am so glad you are here! I can't wait to catch up on your blog!

      Delete
  3. This made me CRY! Thank you so much Lindsey! Actually, if I remember correctly, I found you through a comment on ABAL... I was SO moved by your story, I had to come check out your blog and I had to comment. I *think* that's how we met...

    I would love, love, love to meet you someday! I think we would be fabulous friends... well, we already are, aren't we?? :)

    You and Brian are incredible people to say the very least (and that picture of you B... WOAH NELLY! AMAZING!! :)

    Thank you for your love and support on my behalf... I hope you know that the feelings are mutual- in every regard.

    Love you my new friend. LOTS and LOTS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jacy! I love you too...Already! We ARE fabulous friends!

      Delete
  4. What great posts (both the guest one and this one). LOVE YOU GIRL! And I love these pics so much! LOL! Props to Brian for letting you share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah! How I miss you! Its been too long since we have been together! When lifes settles, I have to make a road trip! Or, who am I kidding, I have to make one anyway since it never settles! Love you!

      Delete