easter

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Today is my Birthday




Well, I turned 28 today. It looks stranger reading it than it even did saying it all day. I don't feel much older than 20. I guess that is how it works. I was lucky enough to celebrate with my family in Henry on Saturday. It was my parents, sister, brother-in-law, Brian of course, and my dear sweet friend Joe, who might as well be family. My cake was huge. It was a chocolate-fudge-filled-chocolate-cake-with-chocolate-fudge-icing. I have never met a chocolate cake I couldn't handle, but this one was ALMOST too much! Also, I got a haircut from Amy and I just love her so much. She did a great job as always, and I was proud because I didn't even cry while I was filling her in on our last few months. When I got up to pay, she wouldn't let me. Then I started crying. I am just so grateful to have good friends. I am so inspired to be a better friend every day because I really don't even know where I would be without the loving kindness of my truest friends. This experience has really helped me to sort out who my true friends are and I am happy to report that I am so blessed to have so very many.

I have to admit, this is a really sad birthday for me.  I just don't feel like myself.  When I blew out my candles I made a silly wish for Brian to be cancer free. I know it is a childlike thing to do, but I know those wishes can come true. The years Brian and I were apart, I would always wish we could find our way back to each other and we eventually did.

As sad as I feel some days, I am very much overcome with gratitude for the blessings of friendship which surround me.

Usually, I am really overcome on my birthday with how many people send kind regards for the day. Just to know so many people are thinking about me always comes as sort of a surprise.  But this year, I wasn't surprised at all. Ever since Brian has been sick I have been so overcome by the out pouring of love and support that has been shown to us. I simply don't have the words to express how very grateful I am for all of the ways we have been shown love today and always. The prayers, calls, texts, cards, gifts, hugs, listening ears, and shoulders to cry on have all sustained me.

I spent most of tonight working on my anniversary present to Brian, which is a secret since he reads this, but I can't wait to show him. We did get to go out to Johnny's for dinner with a gift card from my family. Thanks mom, you are off the hook this time!

I am tired and have a big day tomorrow, but please know that I wouldn't be where I am today, right now, without my dear friends.

Love, Lindsey




4 comments:

  1. I love you and am so grateful our paths crossed. Happt Birthday! I really admire your honesty. All of it. The Pooh cartoon and your words. You are loved and wishes do come true. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you dear Sarah, and I am so grateful for your presence in my life!

      Delete
  2. I am late....... I can't believe I am late!!! I know no excuse is good enough BUT I have been in the mountains in Wyoming and my blogging has been spread thin..... only enough to get my daily posts in... barely!

    So, I am going to sing you a song..... you listening?????

    Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday dearest, beautiful, amazing brilliant, brave and strong LINDSEY!!!! Happy birthday to you!!

    I can't imagine how difficult all of this must be... I really cannot fathom it. If I could make any wish right now, it would be exactly what you wished for too. I am continually thinking of you and Brian. You both exude so much courage and love. I believe in miracles and like Sarah said above, wishes DO come true.

    I love you. I really, really do and I am so glad I get to celebrate YOU and your wonderful life- just 2 days too late. :)

    XOXOXOXO

    I pray for you. All the time.

    p.s. that cake looks INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Jacy! Thank you! I LOVED my birthday song! haha I did have a great day and I love you too. I really do! I think I need to go to the mountains in Wyoming. Or anywhere really. Nature is cathartic, and my backyard isn't cutting it.

      Also, I am thinking of submitting my birthday princess picture for fashion column Wednesday! lol...NOT!

      Thank you for the sweet wishes.

      Love, Lindsey

      Delete