easter

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Daze

It's hard to believe summer has just officially started because it feels like it's about half over. I guess technically for me it is since I will be back in school before I know it.

A lot of fun things have happened so far. My parents took Alissa and I to see Greg Laswell at the beginning of June. I was glad to have them drive us because I was tired. I left straight from work to meet them at the house and then we took off and turned around after the show and came back. Alissa and I got to meet Great which was fun. She won tickets and back stage passes on a Facebook contest. It was a fun night. So fun, that we decided to try to see Greg and with his wife Ingrid Michaelson!! Who happens to be one of other very favorites.



Last Saturday, my parents and Brian and I went to Springfield to the Lincoln museum. It was a lot of fun. We went to Pease's Candy afterward which always makes me laugh since my Gram's last name was Pease. Then on the way home we stopped and ate at a Cracker Barrel where We all ate some delicious food. I consumed over 55g of carbs that day. I don't regret it. I felt so good afterward. We didn't get any pictures that day unfortunately. I am sad because I have been trying to be concious of capturing more memories in photos.

This week I was really having one of those weeks where one thing after another seemed to go completely wrong. I was so frustrated on the way to work Wednesday and I called my mom, like I often to, to vent. She is a great listener. I really think it is so interesting how God tosses you a lifeline when you need it the most. I was stressing about what to maybe do for work while I was in nursing school, or if I should even work at all. Not ten minutes after I got off the phone with my mom and into work, my old boss called me and gave me some options for returning to work for him while in school. We had talked about me going back for a long time. Almost a year really, and it looks like it is finally going to work out and actually exceed  my expectations. I felt so lifted after that phone call. It will be nice to recoup some of our savings and have something steady and familiar for me to rely on. I do have some feelings of anxiety over the fact that I won't be with Brian as much when school starts and he returns to work. I will still have all my nights and weekends free and I am grateful for that, but I just worry about him. The fact is, we can't stop living our lives and get trapped in the worry cycle. Its important for me to stay busy and for Brian to get back to work. I just pray all the time that his cancer stays at bay and he won't have any more seizures. I am so worried that he will get exhausted back on thirds and have a break through seizure. Honestly though, I can't control if he has more seizures or not. That is hard for me to come to grips with.

Anyway, Brian just got home. We have had a busy couple of days, I just want to hang out with him for a little bit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment