easter

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aloha!


I am once again grateful for sweet friends of mine. Today is my last day at Maui Jim. My last day of talking to people nonstop about sunglasses! This is bittersweet. While the job wasn't always the easiest, my co-workers were easily the best I have ever worked with. I have never worked in such a drama free environment in my life. It could be because we were all on the phones consistently, and so were too busy to get catty ;) but I really think there was just and understanding and a level of respect and comaraderie that everyone was able to share.
I started working there last year, and then this year, my supervisor called to see if I wanted to come back part time. I wasn't planning on going back, but I was able to arrange my school schedule so it all worked out. I know that God has a plan for each of us, and that I was just where I needed to be when Brian got sick. I was so overwhelmed with support from my friends at work. My supervisors were so flexible whenever I need to be at Brian's appointments.

Monday, I got ready to go and my friend Amy, who actually goes back to my courthouse days, stopped me and then she and Carrie came over with a gift basket and a card. There was a chocolate pound cake mix, a tupperware soup mug (which I have been eyeing for more than a year), and a recipe box! A handful of the girls I work with wrote down their favorite recipes for me! I couldn't believe it! I waited to read the card when I got to the car and its a good thing because it made me cry. I had so much fun looking at all the recipes and I can't wait to try them out. (I even found some delicious looking "soup mug mini microwave cake recipes" online!)

I will really miss seeing these girls each week. Jennifer and Tammy were the most easy going bosses, I will miss Trish, the best cubicle neighbor ever, and the way she put up with all of my crazy rants, I will miss Carrie and the compassion that radiates from her. Amy, Dani, and Kelli were always there with encouragement and genuine concern. Glenda and Debbie for their daily hugs, Lori for our health related rants,  Kris for ALWAYS checking up on me and Brian and wanting to go to bat for us with all of our doctors' office stresses. Kim for her sweet spirit, and Angie's thoughtfulness (she brings in food for people a lot and she is such a great cook, I look forward to trying some of her recipes!) 

I hate saying "Aloha" but I plan on keeping in close contact with everyone from my Maui Jim 'Ohana!

No comments:

Post a Comment